IAIM Mission Statement
The purpose of the International Association of Infant Massage is to promote nurturing touch and communication through training, education and research so that parents, caregivers and children are loved, valued and respected throughout the world community
About Baby Massage
What is covered on the baby massage course?
The course includes:-
- Massage strokes for the feet, legs, tummies, back, face, chest, hands and arms, gentle movements
- Massage demonstration for wind and colic.
- Background theory of the IAIM to understand the benefits of massage for baby
- Techniques to help soothe, calm and understand crying
- Bonding time
- Relaxation techniques for you and your baby
- Adapting strokes for the growing child
- How love, including touch, helps to shape a baby’s brain
- Songs and rhymes during the massage
- Time to socialise, including discussion time at the end of each session
- Complementary oils, course handouts
Included in the cost of the course is complementary cold pressed organic sunflower oil with vitamin E, comprehensive course handouts of all strokes, and refreshments.